The best $4 mascara! Maybelline The Hypercurl Waterproof.

by - Tuesday, March 21, 2017

My last few blog posts have mostly been lifestyle related which is something I definitely enjoy writing a lot since that type of content is more me and for me, just simply more interesting. However, that definitely doesn't mean that I don't want to be doing reviews and talking about beauty products anymore, so today I have to share this AMAZING $4 mascara by Maybelline

I've tried a lot of drugstore mascaras and different brands but i feel like Maybelline is a brand that I can rely on and will always go back to. I occasionally try out L'oreal and Covergirl but I just find that personally for me, Maybelline, if not always - hits the nail on the head.


I was able to pick up this mascara during my stay in Thailand and as soon as I tried it for the first time, I knew I just had to go out and purchase more to take home. They were only $4! (99 Baht)
Usually mascaras for me aren't a big deal as I have really short, straight lashes and all waterproof mascaras will do the trick for a certain amount of time. In the past some of my faves have got to be the Falsies and the One by One mascara so it was great that I was able to discover this because it has defs become my new favourite.


First off they do have it in a non waterproof formula which I knew would never keep my lashes curled so I jumped straight in for waterproof one. The wand itself is one that I really like. It's got the same shape and curve to the Falsies but is a little bit bigger in size.
The formula at first is really quite wet but I don't find that it actually weighs down my lashes or clumps at all really. There is a side note because I don't have that many lashes so I don't feel like any mascara ever does clump on me which is great. I would be a bit wary though if you have quite thick lashes since the first application is wet but as you use it, it does dry down quite a bit. 
Whenever I apply mascara I always have to curl my lashes and the one thing I really want in a mascara is for it to hold a curl all day long. And this one did. I've tend to have problems with mascaras either working when I first apply but then noticing throughout the day that my lashes are starting to droop. The 'after' photos were taken at the end of the day and as you can see there is absolutely no drooping and also no smudging
Overall this was just a great find and great for the price - seriously couldn't recommend this enough for those of you who have 'asian lashes' like me!

Hope you enjoyed this review. It's been a while since I did a beauty related post since I've just overall been enjoying writing about lifestyle topics such as travel, planning and all that. What are you favourite blog posts to read if you had to choose? Also let me know some of your fave drugstore mascara!


Lets Connect! 
Instagram @alongcamekathy_
Twitter @_kathy97
Etsy Shop Alongcamekathy

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. Oooh I love their mascaras, but have yet to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

    http://claresloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love maybelline mascaras but haven't tried this! I really like the look of the wand!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't think you can go wrong with the Maybelline mascasras, they are so good for the price!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this mascara a lot! In Malaysia, we have a drugstore brand called Silky Girl and they have some quality products! My current favourite mascara is Eye Opener by Silky Girl and it's da bomb dot com! x

    Erin x | Erin Azmir Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! Out of all the drugstore mascaras, I always think Maybelline comes out on top! I haven't actually spotted this one here so will have to keep my eye out for it!
    Rachael | Helpless Whilst Drying

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've definitely sold me on this mascara! And at a $4 price point, you can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this one here in UK yet but it sounds amazing!! I love Lash Sensational so much and this one looks great too. Fab review xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Recently, I've heard quite a lot about this mascara! It has left me pondering... After reading this review, I might buy it ahah xx

    www.serenbird.com

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.